London is a city like no other, with a rich culture and history that has captured the imaginations of people worldwide. If you've been fortunate enough to travel to the UK capital as a tourist or are planning to soon, you might be excited about picking up some London souvenirs to take back home with you. But with so many options to choose from, it can be challenging to decide on the best gifts to buy. In this post, we've curated a list of ten amazing gift ideas that will help you commemorate your trip to London in style. Read on to learn more.
1. British Tea - It might be a cliché, but you can't come to London without enjoying a spot of tea. So why not bring that quintessential British experience back home with you? There are hundreds of tea shops across London, making it easy to find the perfect blend to suit your tastes. Try Fortnums, Twinings or Whittard of Chelsea for a tea time to remember.
2. London-Themed Stationery - From Big Ben to the London Eye, London is full of iconic landmarks that are perfect for featuring on stationery products. You could go for a notebook, a pen, or even some London-themed sticky notes - all of which will allow you to remember your trip to this fair city for years to come.
3. A Souvenir Mug - Whether you're a tea or coffee drinker, a souvenir mug is an excellent way to bring home a little piece of London. You can find mugs featuring landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament at tourist shops across the city. Or how about a London Underground mug, for the commuter in your life?
4. Sherlock Holmes-Related Gifts - London is the home of Sherlock Holmes, so why not pick up some gifts that celebrate the detective's legacy? There are many independent shops, like the Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street, that sell merchandise featuring the detective and his sidekick, Dr. Watson.
5. British Ornaments - As a tourist, taking back home a piece of the country you visited is always a must. And when it comes to British ornaments, there is no shortage of choices that reflect the country's rich history, culture and architecture. From traditional designs to contemporary pieces, British ornaments speak to everyone's taste, making them the perfect souvenirs for your loved ones or as collectibles.
6. London Keyrings & Magnets - they are an easy and affordable way to get yourself a keepsake without breaking the bank. Keyrings & magnets stand out as the perfect reminders of your unforgettable trip. Not only are they small and easy to carry but they are also timeless mementos that will effortlessly remind you of your London adventures.
7. A London-Themed Photo Frame - With so many picturesque sights to see in London, you're sure to have taken some impressive photos during your trip. Why not show off your best snaps with a London-themed photo frame? It's a perfect way to keep your memories fresh and is sure to make a talking point when you return home.
8. London-Themed Playing Cards - Playing cards are a classic and practical gift that can keep you entertained for hours. Why not pick up a pack featuring London landmarks, such as Tower Bridge or St. Paul's Cathedral, to remember your trip by. You could try shops such as The Games Shop or Ryman for a great selection.
9. London-Inspired Sweets - London has a rich heritage of sweet treats, from the traditional British boiled sweets to luxury chocolate truffles. You could opt for a box of chocolates from Fortnum & Mason or treat yourself to some award-winning fudge from Roly's Fudge Pantry.
10. A London-Themed Jigsaw Puzzle - If you're looking for a more relaxing way to commemorate your trip to London, why not try a puzzle? You can find puzzles featuring all kinds of London scenes, from the Thames to the city's iconic skyline.
London is a city brimming with excellent gift ideas for tourists - there's an option to suit every taste and budget. From tea sets to playing cards, you're sure to find something special to take home with you. With our guide, you'll be able to navigate the city's shops to find the perfect souvenir to remember your trip by. So go ahead and start your shopping adventure – who knows what treasures you might find!